From: Tom Cutter [mailto:tpcutter@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 4:39 PM
To: bill.moss@xxxxxxxxxxx; oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: trade secrets

<<What I am saying is that if someone has the skill to perform
a complex task, than their trade secrets are usually either
something that cannot be patented or copyrighted due to
their being common or prior art, or simply a sales pitch. In
this context I show people how to do things (its called
teaching graduate school) in the knowledge that the tasks we
perform are so complex that we are not in direct competition
save perhaps for recognition.>>

  I knew this would end up with me getting insulted. The prevailing
attitude is that the public is somehow entitled to the knowledge gained
in a lifetime of work. I respectfully but forcefully disagree.

<snip>

But you must be right. It is probably just a sales pitch.

Tom Cutter
Yardley, PA
http://www.RubberChickenRacingGarage.com