Wednesday, Oct 1 2014 [332 miles]
Mr UPS man delivered more goodies for the DR650, today. I ordered this Bajaworx windshield after fighting some head winds on the way back from running some errands last week. The combination of wind on my chest and the slippery Sargent saddle made keeping my riding position work. This should resolve that for future windy rides.
Warning for those marking drilling location: do it with the number plate on the bike. And maybe get someone to lend a helping hand, too. Since I was alone I removed the number plate and held the windshield to the plastic to mark drilling locations. The plastic number plate flexes and bends. This throws off mounting hole locations just enough to cause the shield to not be where you want it. I got it to fit, eventually, slightly left of center. You do have to look close to notice.
A couple of shots with the windshield on the bike. I’ll take it out for a test ride, tomorrow, and see how it feels. It looks fine and is just the height I wanted; about 8” higher than the stock number plate.