Re: Ohlins Shocks

In a message dated 12/6/2003 6:30:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tyrohustler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I know there are
several places in the U.S. that rebuild Ohlins, but I'm wondering if anyone
had a better than average experience, rather than picking a rebuild shop
off the internet that hasn't been recommended.

Gary,
Although Stig Petersen is on the opposite side of the continent from you, he
is the guy I can recommend. He used to race motocross against the founder of
Ohlins and has been associated with that company for years. He initially came
to the U.S. to be the tuner for Brad Lackey back in the 70's. I am told that he
is still an active suspension tuner for a number of racers.
Although I have not yet had need to have my Ohlins rebuilt, I bought the ones
on my 1150GS from him and will be returning to him when it is time for a
rebuild. I have heard only good things about him from people who have been doing
business with him for a long time, and I have never heard a single negative
remark about him.
He is the owner/operator of:
PPS
4091 E. La Palma