Ohlins Rebuild

Tandy:

I can't for the life of me figure out why PPS gets the recommendation
everytime someone asks.   I had a miserable experience with them and know
several others who have too.  Although Stig does work for the real racers
and knows a lot about racing and shocks, this is a family business and they
don't take very good care of their more pedestrian clients very well.   I
never got to talk to Stig.  He never touched my shocks.  My order was lost
for 3 months.  I had to call long distance and ask after my shocks or they'd
still have them today (this was 2 years ago.  A nice lady explained that
some guy they hired must have lost my order and that I'd get them in a week.
Three weeks later they arrived packed in styro-foam peanuts without the
original Ohlins box that I'd sent them in.  I called about that and they
mailed the empty box seperately.  When I put the shocks on the bike, they
were worse than before the rebuild.

The lister who recommended PPS simply bought a pair of shocks from them and
has never got a rebuild from them.   I won't be going back there ever.

This time I went to SHY racing in Murfreesboro, TN.  They do a lot of Ohlins
and Penske work for dirt bikes and ATVs.   The guy, Jerry Link, is a
soft-spoken great guy.   For around $300, he not only rebuild my shocks, but
converted them to R1150 RT shocks.   This involves some extensive changes
and he did a great job for me.

- -TB