Re: New guy message..

- ----- Original Message -----
From: <ABSDoug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2003 5:09 PM
Subject: RE: New guy message..

>   Run, don't walk from pre-1997 Oilheads. Transmissions are a MESS. I had

I have a '94 RS with 135,000 km.
When the transmission in neutral and the clutch lever is not held, it does
chatter. This chattering stops when the lever is pulled.  It does this since
I bought it in '98 at 13,300 km.
As I understand all bikes of those years do that, but........
It runs perfectly and I will not touch it, neither will I run from it.  It
shifts perfectly, as good as any BMW can.
Hondas shift smoother, in my experience.
Bob Silas