Re: Battery education

Never a British car but had several British motorcycles in my younger days.

68 BSA 250 Starfire
71 BSA Rocket III
68 Triumph TR6R
69 Bonneville
71 Norton Commando

Funny thing is that ALL my British bikes were among relible and troublefree
motorcycles I've ever owned, certainly the equal of any BMW I've had.  In
fact when I was 16 I spent a good part of one summer touring the USA on that
little 250 BSA and that bike never let me down.  I think the key to my luck
with British bikes was having the good fortune to live next to the best
British bike mechanic in the USA who taught me the proper way to maintain
them.   Funny thing is folks talk about Lucus electrics but in 35 years of
riding I've been stranded three times by electrical failures, twice on
Hondas , once on a Kawasaki......

- --
Terry Cox
Charlotte, NC