Re: Battery education

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Johnson" <karljohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 11:47 PM
Subject: Re: Battery education

> Hi Bob,
>
> You must not have worked on a '60 Austin Healy. On mine the
battery is
> not only located on the opposite side from the starter, it's
located
> way back in the trunk...about as far away from the straight
line 6 as
> it can get. I'd chalk it up to English design and Lucas
electronics...

I've had my share of experience on English electrics.   :-\

Though in the case of the Healy with the battery in the trunk, it
was probably located there in order to improve weight
distribution. It's often done in racing and rally cars in order
to improve front-rear weight distribution.

Is sometimes still done for some performance-oriented production
cars
too.

Bruno
Montreal, Canada