Re: Do we HAVE to have two cylinders sticking out the sides? (was RE: old design was oilheads-digest V1 #47)

On Monday, Jan 5, 2004, at 22:42 US/Eastern, ABSDoug2@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  I don't understand how those
> Jap. sport bike go to 15K-RPM and don't instantly explode!

Because they use overhead cams instead of pushrods, even short pushrods!

> 	I'm surprised there are not more bikes that are designed to be easy to
> maintain/repair. I guess the whole chain drive, in-line four thing
> dictates
> the motor position being less than ideal to work on, especially with a
> fairing

Doug, go sit in the corner and think about what you just asked. :-)

Do you honestly think that the manufacturer cares how easy their bikes
are to service? They are not the ones to service them, the dealers get
that task and the owner gets to pay for it, insuring that the dealer
remains profitable.

Robert

95 R11RS
88 KRS Special