Re: old design was oilheads-digest V1 #47

On Tuesday, Jan 6, 2004, at 19:08 US/Eastern, Steve Makohin wrote:

> Ducati, for example, has a market share that is smaller than BMW
> Motorrad's, and they have no plans to surpass BMW in sales.

Yes but, Ducati started from the basement as far as sales go. At least
they are moving in the right direction.

>  Apple
> Computer Inc., has a diminutive market share of around 3% (and
> declining), though they continue to sell enough merchandise to remain
> profitable and chuckle in the face of the "Apple Is Dead" crowd (who
> have
> been saying that since around 1986 or so).

Of course Apple would love to increase their market share, why do you
think they started the switch campaign? Also I do not think Apple's
market share is declining, finally.

> So far, I have not seen any information that indicates BMW Motorrad has
> set out to _significantly_ increase their market share. If you have
> access to such information, please share it with us because I am eager
> learn of it, as I am sure are others on this list, as well as the
> "other"
> list. Cheers.

What about BMW targeting the women riders? The fast growing segment of
the moto public. Is that not to increase market share?

Robert

95 R11RS
88 KRS Special