Seeking hotel/motel advice for Spokane-BMWMOA Rally, July 15-18

I am not at all familiar with Spokane, so I could use some authoritative
advice re: hotel/motel accommodations during the Rally.
By doing some Internet searching, I find that the vast majority of
hotels/motels in the Spokane area are easily within 10 miles or so of the Rally site.
This range covers accommodations from downtown to the suburbs.
I would like to keep daily accommodation cost within the $50-60 range if
possible, but there is some flexibility here. I am thinking that a downtown
hotel/motel would offer the best opportunity for a variety of restaurants for
evening meals within walking or taxi distance. My search so far has uncovered a
Budget Inn and Rodeway Inn that seem to fit this profile, but I have no idea of
the areas of town in which they are located, both from a convenience and
security standpoint.
Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, comments, etc. from those in the know will
be appreciated.
Gary Prickett
Mission Viejo, CA