Re: old design was  oilheads-digest V 1 #47

On 1/7/04 12:14 AM, rennsport@xxxxxxxxx rennsport@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>On Tuesday, Jan 6, 2004, at 22:05 US/Eastern, Steve Makohin wrote:
>
>> Hey, is anyone interested in an insight into the American Harley
>> preference vs the European sports bike preference?
>>
>Have you got one to offer or are you looking for this insight?

The quoted text to which you responded answers your question.

>Try middle aged boomers with expendable cash buying the bike they grew
>watching in movies and on TV. For example, The Wild Bunch, Easy Rider,
>Along Came Bronson.

That guess would not explain why the cruiser style motorcycle existed
before these movies were created, and why it was popular in North America
back then, too. See my other posting (same subject) that provides a
different explanation based on the opinion of historians and a museum
that had an exhibit on the subject.

- -Steve

 Oakville, Ontario, Canada
 2000 R1100S/ABS, Mandarin