RE: old design was oilheads-digest V1 #47

My dentist has an ST-4s along with an K1200LT and a GSXR600.  Last fall he dropped it while stopping in some gravel.  The dealer had it for four months while rounding up the cosmetic parts to fix it.  Consequently, he's not selling his LT anytime soon.

Three years ago I hit a deer on my R1100RS.  It required a headlight assembly, fairing, subframe, and numerous small bits.  I had all the parts within a week, factory painted to match.  Ducati's are cool toys, but BMW's are traveling machines that you can rely on in daily use.  They really do not compare.

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Stan Rife
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 4:24 PM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: old design was oilheads-digest V1 #47

	Point is, I thought the conversation was about the K1200LT. I was
one letter off.
	I didn't think I was trying to make a point with the other
statement. It's pretty clear that I said: " I have heard that the ST-4 is
grossly uncomfortable at distance". In other words, I was repeating
something that I had heard spoken by someone else. I have no personal
knowledge of this, by the way, so I do not know if it is an actual proven
fact.

Stan Rife
Houston, TX
1999 R1100RT