Re: New Design?

On 1/11/04 1:18 PM, rennsport@xxxxxxxxx rennsport@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

[...]
>> 	How many chains does a DUC go through in 36,000 miles...or 100,000
>> for that matter?
>
>Chains last around ~35000 miles
[...]

I do not speak from much personal experience, but I know of two friends
who are very "pro-chain" (light, no problem lubing it, easier to modify
ratios, etc.), and these two gents have replaced good quality chains due
to stretching and wear long before 35,000 miles. More like ~20,000 miles
in the case of the respectably prudent rider buddy, and much less for the
seriously aggressive riding buddy.

So based on the experiences of these two gents, and assuming you too are
right, I conclude that a chain _may_ last upwards to 35,000 miles in
street use, or a lot less, depending on environmental conditions and
usage factors. Your mileage may vary, as they say.

- -Steve

 Oakville, Ontario, Canada
 2000 R1100S/ABS, Mandarin