Re: Recent list discussions

At 12:44 PM -0500 1/16/04, Kenneth Ahrweiler wrote:
>Guys,
>It seem that the recent posts to the list have been mostly about how
>antiquated BMW's designs are and there is no reason for many members to
>buy another etc,etc,etc. It seem to me this has been going on for weeks.
>
>Member Andrew Johnson sent a post to the list about a new BMW GS. It was
>all about a RADICALLY new boxer engine, transmission and all kinds of
>new design features. BMW usually introduces new designs on the GS model
>and then incorporates them on other models. I'm guessing that I must be
>the only list member to read the post. I would have thought by now that
>would be the only subject on our list. I've cut and copied the text and
>am posting it below. It's VERY,VERY long and VERY interesting. There is
>always the delete key for those not interested.
>Pictures of the bike can be seen at
>http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32285

Ken, that discussion is like a meeting of techno-sleuths... we're
poring over every exposed and visible item we can find and getting
close to an answer. Of course, seeing it in a showroom will be the
real test.

CAN-bus electronics, multiple O2 sensors, left-lobe fuel scavenging,
counter-shaft balancer, new Paralever... BMW is making some bold
progress, indeed. These changes will eventually find their way to the
other models. Maybe the List will take notice in 2005...

- --
- - andrew, Berkeley, '87 R80, '00 R1150GS
- - "Moto per Mangiare, Mangiare per Moto"