high temp rockwool available for repacking exhaust cans

A version of this was posted on the Big list over the weekend, but I thought
that some other air and oil heads might be in need of this stuff...

take this simple quiz:

1) do you have an aftermarket exhaust?

2) is it "repackable"?

3) is it getting loud?

4) have you exceeded the 6,000 mile recommended repack interval?

than I have just what you need.  A big roll (25' x 2') of 1" thick KAOWOOL
brand high temp ceramic rock wool insulation with a melting point of 2300
degrees, far higher than fiberglass.  Assuming this stuff lasts only 25k per
repack (expect far more) one box would me 30 repacks or 750k miles. I don't
expect to keep the bike that long...

however, there are those among us who could use a piece to repack that noisy
ol' exhaust can...

I would be glad to share my copious supply with fellow BMW riders...for a
slight remuneration to cover postage, handling and the occasional barley
therapy.

Howard

HEtkind@xxxxxxxxxxx