Re: Requesting low cost bike insurance company serving southern Ontario

On 1/26/04 7:04 PM, Neil Dennison bmwneil@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>--- Steve Makohin <wateredg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: >
>Hello,
>>
>> I just got my premium increase notice for my 2000
>> R1100S: +19.5%,
>> CAD$1400 full coverage (no claims, no tickets). If
>> you have reasonable
>> bike insurance premiums and you live in southern
>> Ontario, Canada
>> (hopefully in or near a major city), please send me
>> an email with your
>> insurance company's name and phone number. Thanks in
>> advance.
>>
>> -Steve
>
>Suggest you try Primmum(hope this is not who you were
>with) - you can get a quote online www.primmum.ca
>My insurance agent told me to go there when I
>expressed outrage at his quotes.

Thanks for your response. In my "thank you" posting, I forgot to mention
that I am currently with Primmum. For Primmum customers who are happy
with their current rates: Have you received your 2004 premium notice yet?
That's when my jumped ~20%.

According to reports, the new Ontario provincial government has frozen
insurance rates, and are working on new legislation to bring premiums
down. This move does not affect motorcycles.

- -Steve

 Oakville, Ontario, Canada
 2000 R1100S/ABS, Mandarin