BATTERY---ODYSSEY Battery

A few months ago this list had a long discussion about batteries.

BMW's new jell battery differs from lead acid batteries in several ways.
I believe it's main claim to fame is that it's maintenance free. It does
however have lead and acid. The acid is in jell form. If the battery
were to break liquid would run out of it. I Believe that the BMW jell
battery may require a different charger.

I had done some research on the "Odyssey" battery that many of the folks
on the list are using. The newer Harleys are using this type of battery.
I just bought one from Ebay at a great price ( Check out Ebay under
Odyssey battery ).

Go to the attached link below and find out all about Odyssey from the
sub menus on the left. You can use your "Battery Tender" with no
problem. They claim that the Battery Tender should not be used on a
completely DEAD battery as it doesn't have enough power but can be used
to maintain a full charge in the battery as long as it's not completely
dead. Check out the charging link and the F&Q link. The battery is
shipped completely charged and has a two year shelf life maintaining the
charge before being installed.

One thing BMW owners need to buy with the battery is a set of adapters
so the terminals will link up with the BMW battery cables. They go for
$4.00 a set. The Entire cost of battery, adapters and shipping is about
$75.00.

 Ken Ahrweiler
 New Hyde Park
 New York