Re: Wish List

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Brown" <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "BMW Oilhead List" <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 11:37 AM
Subject: Wish List

> The reason you're not willing to cough up more money for a new
one is
> because your old bike is still working very well.   You should
have
> purchased one of the state of the art Japanese sport bikes
that's obsolete
> even before the next model year, then you'd be itching to take
out another
> installment loan.

Well, maybe 2 main reasons why they become "obsolete".
One is that Japanese bikes keep getting improvements in
performance.
The other is that styling changes more often.

But being "obsolete" doesn't diminish their performance in any
way.    :)
A 1993 VFR or Fireblade still are good performers. My 929 still
has plenty of performance. The newer bikes don't negate that for
me. But they keep making them better.

>you can bet that when the other models come out with the "new"
1200
>configuration, they will have more than 101hp.   The GS is
always built with
>big flat torque in mind at the expense of some ponies.   You ARE
comparing
>apples and oranges.

BTW, I'd be quite happy with the GS output. Abundant low-end
torque is much more usable in regular street riding than higher
peak hp. Most riders who swithed intake tubes on R or RT bikes to
GS seem to prefer the increase in lower range torque even if they
lost a few peak hp.

Bruno
Montreal, Canada
CBR 929