Anything but linked brakes

>What kind of oil are you using?

I like BMW synthetic after break in.  Now and then I'll use Mobil 1.

>Tires?

Got a new set of Metzler Roadtec Z6 tires for my RT.  They're the new
replacement for MeZ4s.  I haven't had a chance to put a lot of miles on yet,
but so far, I like them a lot.   They're lighter in weight, seem to have
even better grip and the construction seems more like Bridgestone 020
without the goofy tread in front.  Front tread looks great and hasn't made
any noise yet.  Rear isn't a cool looking as 020 with that strange diagonal
groove running through, but it looks quite good.  Metzler doesn't claim
higher mileage for these tires, about the same as MeZ4, but with increased
wet and cold weather traction, increase dry grip and lighter weight.   I'm
hoping they won't square off like MeZ4s seem to do.

>Anybody tired of brakes?

Yeah, me.

>want to discuss surging?

Get 4 plugs on your bike and surging is a dead issue.

>What happened to the FJR bashing?  :-)

I have a friend with one and he loves his.  He didn't like the vibes at
first, then put a Power commander or some such on it and when to a dyno for
tuning.   It's smooth now.   He's been everywhere on it.

On a happier note, would someone explain the thinking behind running a TFi
in open loop when that enriches the mixture, same thing the TFi does?  Seems
that disconnecting the cat sensor causes the engine to run rich (limp home?)

By "cat sensor" I'm thinking you mean the Oxygen (O2) Sensor?   With the
standard Cat Code Plug in, the bike will run rich when you pull the 02
sensor.   With the cat code plug pulled, the Oxygen sensor becomes a
paperweight anyway.  With other jumpers jumped, the presence or lack of an
O2 sensor, or a pot, will make a marked difference in the fuel curve.  There
are some fuel curved designed for markets where no O2 sensor is used.
There is one jumper combination that, with the sensor pulled, will give a
universally lean mixture across the board.  This is the blank slate for the
Fuel Nanny.  The idea is to rig the bike to run lean and then use the fuel
nanny to richen it just enough.

> Then dialing in some green adds yet more fuel.

Yeah, like I said..

- -TB