R1200GS Balance Shaft

Ok let's not talk about linked brakes any more.   [ but I liked them on my
Guzzi Le Mans.... ]

Now, on the "new" boxer.... from what I can see in the various drawings, the
balance shaft is gear driven from the crank, and runs inside the jackshaft
which drives the cam chains.  The jackshaft itself is chain driven from the
crank.  So the balance shaft runs inside the jackshaft, ** in the opposite
direction **.  I wonder what kinds of bearings keep the two apart, and how
much oil flow is required in there?  There doesn't seem to be room for a
roller or ball bearing, and the speeds would be pretty high anyway, given
opposite rotation. So are there  plain bearings?  Will this act, over time,
as kind of a sludge trap?

I'd love to see one of those engines apart, or just observe an engine
teardown training session.   I'd keep my hands in my pockets,of course,
since I have an air-cooled brain.

The specifications of the new bike look great -- but let's hope the first
production run doesn't get the "beta-bike" reputation we've seen in the
past.  There's some super deals around on '03 GS's here, and they are well -
proven if heavy by comparison.
David Makin Ottawa Ontario
R1150R, R75/5, R50/5, R69s