Re: Any thing but linked brakes (you asked for it) [OFF LINE]

Hello Robert, [OFF LINE]

On 2/20/04 1:28 PM, rennsport@xxxxxxxxx rennsport@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>On Feb 20, 2004, at 10:55, Steve Makohin wrote:
>>

>> This pal of mine is a real tinkerer. He bought after-market pipes and a
>> K&N air filter because the guy who original owned the bike already had
>> these parts available for a song: they had very little use on them, and
>> they add about 10% more horsepower, so my buddy bought those too,
>> extra.
>> The catalytic converter and charcoal canister were removed by the
>> previous owner to save weight. Evidently, he didn't care about saving
>> the
>> planet he was riding on.
>>

>For every BMW with a CAT installed, there are two BMW 2002s running
>around without any emission system and every car built before 1974 that
>is still on the road and they are exempt from any emission standard,
>other than the one in force at the time of their manufacture.
>
>Just something to think about the next time you fell all green.  <BSEG>
>
>> I'm glad he took my advice and got an Autocom
>> intercom. They're the best, even though they cost an arm and a leg.
>

>yes and their cables are crap. I am on my second Eurocom and it has at
>least one shorted cable in it. I wish they would use MIL-SPEC coiled
>audio cables. I wonder if the StarCom1 is any better.

I'm hoping you read the entire article, noticed that is was all
tongue-in-cheek, and saw the bottom where it says "The story above is
communicated strictly for entertainment purposes. The characters and the
scenario are both fictional. Sentiments expressed do not reflect those of
the author."

You response sounds like you took it seriously.

- -Steve

 Oakville, Ontario, Canada
 2000 R1100S/ABS, Mandarin