Re: Tire Inflation

Ken,

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:28:06 -0500 (EST) Ken_Ahrweiler@xxxxxxxxx (Kenneth
Ahrweiler) writes:
<<<  Have any of you used these calibrated tire valve stem caps that are
available in different PSI ratings?  >>>

I toyed with that idea several years ago and was advised to take a pass.
At the time there was a system available from Hammersly BMW that showed
the proper inflation at a glance.  However, as with other "easy way out"
devices, a lot of these failed.  Your air valve is open all of the time
in order to show the proper colored inflation ring.  If your cap fails,
there is no way to stop the air from escaping, resulting in a flat tire.

What I did instead was get a premium tire gauge (dial with hose) and
check my tire inflation every month or two or before a long ride.  You
will lose some air over time, but not enough to prevent you from riding
to get more air.  My air is at the Stop-'n-Rob just around the corner.

Robert Munday...  Montgomery, Alabama
`98 R11CHP   `95 R1100RSA
ABC #3783   Village Idiot   Rolling Broccoli Rider   BOOF #131
BAGman #19  Oilhead #1561   SR #2   NFO #2
Trustee, BMWMOA Foundation - Keeper Of The List - Iron Bunny
Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!