From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of John Laughter
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 10:02 AM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Suggest route from South Dakota to Montana

I am taking a trip from North Carolina to the Yellowstone Park in late
August.  Because of time constraints, I will trailer my bike to about Rapid
City.  Will some of you experienced travelers give me suggested routes and
"must do" rides? I'll have about five days of riding and would like to ride
about 300 to 350 miles per day.  Perhaps a southern route, up through the
Yellowstone Park and a northern route back to Rapid City.  I'll be riding my
RT so I am not inclined to do a long stretch on gravel roads.  Additionally,
what about camping? Can I camp anywhere along the roads inside the park and
outside the park?

1100RT and F650.