A Little Rain

Marco:

>...I first noticed it on a 13% grade where I was
>trying to dump speed to make 15 MPH hairpins.   Now if I pay attention
>I can feel it as soon as I get on the binders a little bit....

I'm not sure what's making your brakes shudder...possibly overheating, check
you triple-tree bearing tension just to be safe, and that the calipers are
torqued properly.   Anything else will probably fade away and will not be
dangerous.   If your rotors are warped, the floating action of the rotor-pin
fastening arrangement will take care of a lot of it.   You have to check
run-out on a fixture, not on the bike, because of the floating rotor thing.

As to the 13% grade and 15mph turn....try 1st gear.   You need to keep the
revs up on these tight ones too.  Oilhead's big advantage on extreme twisties
is their engine braking.  You have to really have good throttle control and it
makes a lot of racket, but it's the best way down the hill by far.   Brakes
are barely needed.   The best Alpine riders rarely show a brake light.

- -TB