Re: F650

Bob,  My So has a CS Scarver, and I love to ride it on the two lane.
It works fine on the slab also, but is a bit buzzy and the seat is not
great after several hundred miles.  A Russell seat looks good on these
bikes.  I highly recommend this bike.  The belt drive is really a nice
feature.  They are great for smaller people as the cg is low and the
bike is a lot lighter than an oil head.  Outstanding handling.  These
things love to corner.  The scarver nick name is well suited.

As to the look, I am not crazy about anything new from BMW.  The cars,
or the newest bikes.  The Scarver started this new style trend with the
bikes and the new 1200 GS continues it.  However, the CS can look
pretty cool if you get the right color.  Black, graphite, and a couple
of the other darker colors work pretty well with this styling
treatment.  The new models have black tupper ware plastic parts which
also improve the look.

Also plenty of good used bikes available at a good price out there.

Bob Hadden '98RS