Re: BMW: 4-Pin RJ11 Modular Plugs for Valentine Detector

This worked for me!

Radio Shack:
#279-384  (pkg of 10)
4-pin  RJ11/14
note:  For RJ!! single-line or RJ14 2-line use.
Requires 279-388 crimping tool.
- --
Take your V1 with you, to show what you need.
The clerk will help you (& try to sell you a phone.)
- --
Straight power cord from Valentine is $10, cheaper than all the other
stuff.
  Item 20311  Power cord: straight, 8-feet; Same as included with V1.
https://store.valentine1.com/store/default.asp?category=partsdept

On Apr 19, 2004, at 9:59 AM, Barry P. Blank, Ph.D. wrote:

> The 4-Pin RJ11 modular plug for my Valentine Radar Detector has
> snapped off the little 'thingee-lever' that holds it in.  Duct tape
> holds it in now, but not exactly a clean install.  Replacement modular
> plugs from Radio Shack are just too large - they can be force fit in
> but do not come out. Since I swap the Valentine out between my bike
> and car I need the right size.
>
> Valentine has none available (just extension cords with pre-existing
> crimped plugs - no help) and Verizon hardly knows what I'm talking
> about!  A google search turns up several sources and I would gladly
> order, but I still do not know if they would fit properly.

- --
Best, Robert Atkinson
Fliegenziegelsteine - 1988 K75S -1993 K75RT
BOOF  # 161 - MOA # 89159 - AMA 420177
"Every town has a few bad drivers, eventually they
all move to Racine, Wisconsin"