RE: be caught dead on one (F650)

In all of a Oregon I have found two for sale over the last two weeks.  One is the fore mentioned '97 ($4200) and the other is a 2003 CS for $7500.  I'd love to get the CS as belt drive is very appealing but frankly, $7500 for a used single cylinder 650 is way beyond my perception of good value.

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of James H. Nazarian, Ph.D.
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 8:19 AM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: be caught dead on one (F650)

I'm glad to hear that you can't find an F650 for that kinda money, 'cause I
think they're worth more than that; besides, I own one and would like to see
the value stay up there!

I just checked with my dealer,  All Seasons BMW in Wooster, Ohio. Salesman.
Joe Wright tells me the one in question was sold during their Open House.
They have two more F650 loaner bikes, but they won't be up for sale until
the Fall. I'd just keep looking, 'cause I've never had the impression that
F650s are in short supply.

Jim
microdoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx