RE: Re: be caught dead on one (F650)

	Couldn't a shield be employed to avoid the rock issue for a street driven bike?

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of tccox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 6:37 AM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx; oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re: be caught dead on one (F650)

One documented problem is riding on dirt roads.    Rock gets caught between belt and pully and POW,,,,,,,,  Also belt may be cheaper
and easier to replace but IMHO it certainly would not have the lifespan of shaft drive. I know theres a recommanded replacement
interval for the belt (I'm thinking 20,000) But still , certainly cheaper and easier to work on.