Re: R1100SA 2-plug top speed disappointment

Jack Bunce wrote...

> Today, I tried it without all the junk hanging out and it was 118.2 mph
> tucked; very disappointing. I tried tit a couple of ways; through the
> gears shifting at 8000 rpm and the 5th and 6th gear roll ons. All were
> the same.]

I'm not sure if I'm correctly understanding what you've written above
about "5th and 6th gear roll ons" Jack, but it would be quite unusual to
top out at the same speed in both gears.  My experience with a number of
vehicles has been that there isn't enough torque available in the tallest
gear to overcome wind resistance - top speeds are generally gained in 5th
(of 6 speeds) or 4th (of 5 speeds).