Re: Oilhead service interval question

Dennis,  Everyone has their own take on this subject.  Here's mine, and
worth every dollar you are spending on it.

There is no such thing as a 12k service.  You should service the bike
at exactly 5k mile increments.  So do a full service at 10k before your
trip. Use synthetic oil (I use Mobil 1 15-50) with new filter.  At each
even 10k I also adjust valves, change trans and rear fluids plus sync
the throttle bodies.  You can see the work needed in the manual.

Your bike is just getting broken in.  You should find that valve
adjustments are not needed every time from here on in.  But you still
have to check 'em!

Have a great ride to Spokane.

Bob Hadden '98RS