RE: Metzler Tire Question

> Bob:
>
> Since you brought up the Dunlop D220 again, I'm going to put
> a quick post telling people about my experience with them:

<<SNIP tale of short D220 life>>

The first release of the D220's were terrible, lots of tales of short life.  My
understanding is they have altered the compound and life is better now, but I
haven't run a set and can't validate that claim.

> I've got no experience with Pilot Roads.  My general
> impression of Michelin compounds is that they need more time
> to warm up and are more temp sensitive
> than 020 and Z6.   From what I've heard, they don't last as
> long and the
> price is high as well.

My experience with the set of Pilot Roads I ran doesn't match the above at all,
although my experience is in comparison to the Z4 (haven't tried the Z6 yet).
But I found the Pilot Roads to be better cold than the Z4 and I got 7500 miles
out of them and probably could have gone at least 500 more.  I'm real lucky to
get 6000 out of Metzelers.

Davis Eichelberger
SW Virginia
'96 R1100RT