RE: StarCom vs AutoCom

I had Autocom Pro years ago and sold everything........
Reason???   It would not do what "I" wanted it to do.
It did exactly what AUTOCOM said it would do.
I strayed from the Autocom list of things and most importantly  how to
set up.

I wanted to use a small handheld CB radio that I already owned.
AND I Wanted to power it from the Bikes 12 volt system.
That was the major problem.   The  Radio and the Autocom  would lock up
due to ground loops.
The solution was that I had to use BATTERIES in the CB radio.
I was riding every day to work and batteries were not practical.
So I sold the gear/
Autocom did provide me a solution to make it work.   I did not like the
solution so I bailed out.

Maybe they are better now.  There are new models since 1997  maybe it
works better.   My friend on a  R1150GS has autocom and FRS  or GMRS and
it works good for him.  The Radios however are run from internal
batteries.  And they are the exact brand and model that Autocom sells.

So stay in the lines and follow the Autocom recommendations and you will
be fine.

I am prolly going to settle on a Starcomm  or  Audioboss AB 1M

Are you on the  Vintage Yahoo mail lists?
If you already belong just delete
I am trolling for new members
Web Page Below

Jerry Cook