Re: Tire Changing questions

What does a rear wheel, tire, brake disk, and other miscellaneous parts
weigh?

If the answer is at least 10 lbs that is equivalent to about 4,536
grams. If that was off center by 0.001 inch that would be equivalent to
exerting a torque of 4.5 gram/inches which out at the inside of the rim
might be (4.5/15) or 0.3 grams out of balance at the rim.  Don't think
you would notice that?

But that said, I agree that every effort must be made to fit the wheel
properly to the balancing device. Allowing any slop would be self
defeating!

For the BMW content: When I put my R1100SA on the centerstand and spin
the rear wheel under power the bike feels unbalanced and shakes. Yet, I
do not feel this imbalance on the road. Should I have the rear wheel
pulled and balanced or is it normal for an R100SA to act that way on
the centerstand with the rear wheel under power? [This came up because
I had the bike on the dyno and the tester mentioned the rear wheel hop
to me.  So I tried it at home.]