Re: Tire Changing questions

In a message dated 6/24/04 8:36:13 AM Eastern  Standard Time,
jackbunce@xxxxxxx writes:
<<Never tried to jump my  R1100S, and I hope I never do!>>

I never did it  intentionally, but sometimes surprises happen.

<<I do notice a  rumble or perhaps a light hammering lately at higher
speeds, e.g., over 65  or so.  It seems to me that before it only
occurred in 5th gear and now  6th also. Could just be me being overly
sensitive due to my concerns about  the comment from the dyno operator
and the quality of the work done by the  out of state dealer who both
put the Z6s on and did the 12K checkup. Mileage  now is about 21,500 or
so.>>

I noticed the  same rumble/hammering in mine (now with about 26K.) Last night
I burned some  midnight oil and fitted a replacement driveshaft off a
low-mileage wrecked S.  I'll be test-riding it later today and will report on any
perceptile  differences.

I dynoed my bike last summer, and it  didn't "hop" on the dyno after we
strapped it down a bit tighter than the  operator said was usually necessary.

<<Gonna rebalance for sure  before the trip to Spokane.>>

It's ALWAYS a good  idea to rebalance new tires after about 500 miles, if you
have the time and  facilities. I have never had a scalloped tire when I did
this extra maintainence  chore.
Tom Cutter