Re: curious hand signal

Steve Morse wrote:

>OK, no oilhead content - but I *was* riding mine at
>the time:
>
>I'm zipping up the freeway, afternoon commute, waving
>to the occcasional passing rider. I wave to one fellow
>and instead of waving back he vigorously pats the top
>of his helmet. What's the signal mean?
>

>HEADs up for?
>Cops (or other hazard) aHEAD?
>Your HEADlight is out?

I  have seen that signal too and people told me it was a cops ahead
signal.  They said the signal was to indicate the lights on the roof or
the patrol car.  I think a "cops ahead" signal should definitely be an
internationally known signal. 8^)  This one is as good as any.

Fare thee well for I remain Falvio and you are my people.