Repairing System Bags

Tony - The inner half of the system bags is available separately - I bought
one from Hammersley and if memory serves it was about $150.00.  You can
also go to www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com  where the parts fiche is available
online with prices - may not be the cheapest, but it gives you the parts
explosion.  The system bag halves are riveted to hinges at the bottom -
you'll have to drill out the rivets and either replace them or use machine
screws w/ nuts instead of rivets.  Doing it this way you keep your original
outer shell which matches the other side (doesn't it?).  This is especially
important if you bought color matched bags with your RS when they still
offered them.

Oh -and Bob - isn't it time to get some new shocks on that beast ?? - The
original BMW shocks weren't the best when they were new, but the mileage
you have on them is incredible !!!!  I put Ohlins on mine at 45k (6-7 years
ago) and have them rebuilt every two years - they're really sweet.

Gary Bechtold
'94 "beta" RS 120k miles
tyrohustler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Subject: Cracked system bag hook