Re: oilheads-digest V1 #248

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "oilheads-digest" <owner-oilheads-digest@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <oilheads-digest@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2004 3:47 AM
Subject: oilheads-digest V1 #248

> oilheads-digest         Sunday, July 25 2004         Volume 01 : Number
248

> In this issue:
>
>     Re: '94 R11RSs
>     Re: '94 R11RSs
>     Oilhead cylinder torque
>     Re: Oilhead cylinder torque
>     Re: Oilhead cylinder torque
>     Re: '94 R11RSs
>     Re: Oilhead cylinder torque
>     Re: Head shake

> Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 08:47:19 -0500
> From: Robert W Munday <rwmunday@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: '94 R11RSs
>
> Gary,
>

> On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 19:14:17 -0400 "Gary Bechtold"
> <tyrohustler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> <<<  I tore it apart first to add the RID (not available from the factory
> then)  >>>
>
> I bought a 1995 R1100RSL in late 2000.  As I prepared to ride it home
> from the dealership at nightfall, I activated the ignition and discovered
> that there was no RID, a fact I had overlooked before purchase.  The next
> week I ordered the RID and fairing panel and installed it myself.  The
> RID unit plugged into existing wiring.
>
> If RID was not available from the factory when you acquired your Beta
> bike, was the wiring loom in place from the factory?
>

> Robert Munday...   Montgomery, AL    `98 R11CHP    `95 R1100RSL
> ABC #3783    Village Idiot    Rolling Broccoli Rider    BOOF #131
> Oilhead #1561    Nebraska Nightrider    Big Sioux Rider
> Trustee, BMWMOA Foundation    Keeper Of The List    *Iron Bunny*
>
> RPG/COBOL Programmer - Will Program For Food
> Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 11:49:27 -0400
> From: "John Van Deren" <r11rider@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: '94 R11RSs
>
> Robert and Gary,
>
> I, too, purchased a beta '94 (Mar '93, # 80) RS in turquoise...no RID.
> Evidently the wiring harness was only partly there.  The rear section was
> not included, and, I understand, the RID cannot be retrofitted to those
> bikes.  Please let me know if I'm wrong.
>
> John Van Deren
> Montpelier, VT

one.  In Canada it is on sale at Princess Auto for Cd. $6.99 (abt. US $ 5.00
no tax if shipped to the US) tel.: 1-800-665-8685. Sale price is between
July 27- Aug. 15, regularly it's $12.99 Cn.
> As far as I knew "R" bikes did not need to be angle torqued but it's
required with "K" bikes.
> The second cylinder??? If it's good don't fix it.
> Bob Silas

Junction BMW told me that they can do it for US$500.-.  I still do not have
it, I found the price too expensive, especially in Ca.$.

> BTW this Wednesday I'll be riding North on I-89 from N.H. to Montreal, so
I'll be passing by Montpelier.  If you'd like to sit down for a coffee break
in the "Le Brioche" please let me know a convenient time.
> Bob Silas
> '94 R1100RS pearl white.

> Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 19:05:30 -0400
> From: Robert Silas <robert.silas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Oilhead cylinder torque
>
>  Required 90 deg. yes, but you don't need an angle torque gadget for that.
If I remember well with the "K" bikes pre-torque of 37 deg., then final
torque of 67 deg. follows.