Re: more on Beta Bikes

Gary,
Thanks for this write-up, it clears a lot.  To remove two side panels on the RS takes only 5 minutes and I will look for the connectors.  My bike has no cat code(?), it would be helpful for identifying the connectors if you'd be kind enough and let us know some details about them, like how many wires and which side.

Wouldn't our bikes need something (rheostat??) in the tank to be able to show fuel quantity????  or, it's the same as for the red warning light??  If I am not mistaken the red light comes on in two steps.  First time it comes up and goes away and second time it's remains red until fill-up.  Is this right or is it my imagination only???

Would you know the serial numbers of those beta bikes which had or had not the wiring as you described it?????
Thanks again
Bob Silas