More beta RS blather..

I met Bob Silas for coffee this afternoon.  What a great guy...78 and riding
hard!  We swapped stories for two hours and looked at bikes.  As a
structural engineer, Bob has done amazing things to his bike and the
electronics gear is incredible.  My bike looks a poor cousin by comparison,
but I like it just fine.  There was no way to compare serial numbers.  I
guess the numbering system in Canada is very different from the US.
However, his bike also has a March '93 build date...pretty early for an RS.
Does anyone know what the first month of RS production was?  Anyway, he now
has a place to stop on the way to see his daughter/granddaughter, and I have
a nice connection in Montreal.  What a deal.  Altogether, I had a great time
meeting him...he's the role model I need for riding in future days!

John Van Deren
Montpelier, VT