Re: More beta RS blather..

Hello John,

> I met Bob Silas for coffee this afternoon.  What a great guy...78 and
riding
> hard!  We swapped stories for two hours and looked at bikes...

I spent an afternoon with Bob earlier this year when he was investigating
GPSes for his bike. My wife and I were both amazed that he was 78 because he
could easily pass for 65. He definitely rides hard, having recently come off
a trip to the west cost having done 19,000 km (I believe) in 21 days. I'm
hooking up with him this weekend to tour the Laurentian mountains. He's a
dynamite guy, but if I were to fault him, I'd honestly have to say he's too
modest. No, I am not joking.

- -Steve Makohin
 2000 R1100S/ABS, Mandarin
 Oakville, Ontario, Canada