Re: R12GS Trannies?

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 22:52:53 -0400, Don MacQueen <dmac@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I heard a (completely unsubstantiated) rumor that the new GS-es were
> rife with outright transmission failures, at pretty low miles.
> Anyone heard the same? Experience?  Evidence that this is a malicious
> rumor?

I heard, i.e., read in one or more of the magazines that the demo bikes
used at the press introduction in South Africa subsequently had
transmission problems and that most of those transmissions were
replaced.  Those of course were preproduction models.

There have also been one or two internet type rumors floating around of
specific problems with some production bikes but WTHDIK? I have not
either given those stories much attention nor any credence.  But then
again, I have never purchased a bleeding edge model motorcycle.

cheers.... jack, '04 R1100SA, Waterford, Connecticut, U.S.A.