From: <Tpcutter@xxxxxxx>
To: <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: 2 Cylinders better than 3?

In a message dated 10/7/04 7:40:13 PM Eastern  Standard Time,
jiml@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<<of course the rocket3 grew up  to become the Triumph Trident
barrels inclined slightly forward
and after  some stop-start-and-go hiccups
evolved to the sophisticated modern breed of  Triumphs today>>

The ONLY thing that survived  from the "old" Triumophs to the "new" Triumphs
is the name. Thee is no  evolutionary design from old to new models. The new
models were largely designed  by ex-Kawasaki designers recruited during John
Bloor's startup operation of the  new Hinckley Triumph operation. They are
superior in every respect to the "old"  Triumphs, and putting the Triumph
name on
the side does these quality  motorcycles a dissservice. The old Triumphs
were
"cool", a term that describes  something that doesn't work very well, but
you
want to like it anyways. The new  Triumphs are just good motorcycles.

Tom  Cutter
(Sold/serviced both old and new triumph motorcycles.)