Clapped-out Bing

Well (to anyone who has noted or cared about my continuing saga and
incessant diatribes), it took me long enough but I have determined
conclusively that the problem with my RSs poor performance is, as I have
long suspected, the damnned Bings.

Or more precisely, the right hand Bing. When I finally popped the intake
tube off and looked closely, I could see the butterly plate flopping back
and forth like a Bing designer's mouse pointer. The LH throttle "appears"
OK, but of course that only means it hasn't worn out YET or to an obvious
degree.

72k miles. What utterly &*^$% pieces of &^*^%$ crap.

Last time I heard about this syndrome, Paul Glaves was having a hard time
finding a means of repairing/replacing throttle body bushings. What's the
latest scoop on how to cobble these pathetic excuses for fuel control
devices into something that can keep my bike remain running at a stoplight
and get better mileage than an H2 Hummer?

If anyone knows of a source of CHEAP replacement thottle bodies and/or
repair kits, please let me know. In the meantime I'm going to check the
junkyard and see if I can find a pair of Mikunis close to the same size.
What I'd pay for them is the upper limit of what I'll spend for anything
with the name BING on it...and who wants to bet I'd be able, finally, to
get my bike to start on the first crank instead of demanding a set of
gyrations that's wearing out my starter motor and giving me carpel tunnel
syndrome in my throttle wrist?

In deadly earnest,
John Dancoe
jdan@xxxxxxxx