Re: Oil Temp

Tom,  I'm pretty sure the RS doesn't have a thermostat.  This is
illustrated in the maintenance literature I have, and there is no sign
of one on the bike.  My understanding is that the t-stat is a separate
assembly behind the cooler with hoses coming and going etc.  There is
none of that on my bike.

Are you saying there is a t-stat inside the engine?

Bob Hadden '98RS, '62R27