Oil Temp

Bob (Hadden), Marco:

Welp, I stand corrected, maybe.

That thermostat assembly is the old version, like on the '96 RT we disected.
The newer bikes have a less complex looking arrangement on the outside of the
engine..  I think the thermostat function still exists with limited or no oil
running through the cooler until the oil gets to a reasonable operating temp,
but from inside the engine.

Can't imagine not having some sort of device to regulate this.  Cold weather
riding would be nearly impossible.   My bike '99 would run at 4 or 5 bars at
15F at any speed.  My '04 also runs well when very cold.  I don't believe
either had/has that assembly on it and neither did the 2000 RT we disected a
couple years ago.

As I said, I have seen this setup on a '96 RT though.

- -TB