Re: R1100S hard bags

In a message dated 12/7/04 1:41:18 PM Eastern  Standard Time,
Ducmotorcycles@xxxxxxx writes:
<<Question, I find the  factory hard bags too  wide and was wondering if
anyone knows of a  company that makes hard bags for the  R11S that aren't as
wide
that  will fit the OEM brackets?>>

BMW make thinner bags called the City  Cases that fit the stock mounts. They
are skinny and quite useful. Personally, I  find the space in my standard bags
very useful for extra gear, and the width has  never been any issue at all. I
leave the bags off the bike except when i am  travelling overnight or longer.
For day rides the tank bag is adequate.

Tom Cutter
2000 R1100S