From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Tpcutter@xxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 12:30 PM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: R1100S hard bags

In a message dated 12/7/04 2:43:14 PM Eastern  Standard Time, Rtb@xxxxxxx
writes:
<<I ride an R1100S   (age  62) and yes, the system cases are pretty wide!
There are city  lids that are narrrower than the standard system case lids.

It is
my understanding that these lids can be substituted for the wider system
case
lids.   I have not made the modification to my bike, so I  can't give you
first hand knowledge.   I'm sure others will be  able to help.   You'd be
able to
use the OEM brackets and the  locks keyed to the bike key.>>

Actually, the  City Cases are a whole separate bag setup. The standard bags
can also be fitted  with WIDER covers for increased capacity. Those are
pretty
wide.

Tom  Cutter