RE: R1100S hard bags

Givi but they do not fit ome

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Ducmotorcycles@xxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 11:40 AM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: R1100S hard bags

Hi All:
This is my first post to the list. I'm 66 years old and find myself now
that
I've retired touring more and more but I still like to take my  Ducati
916
for a spirited ride in the mountains of Central Pa. I've decided  after
doing a
great deal of reading to buy a R1100S in January. My wife rides a  500R
Ninja
fitted with a tank bag and soft saddle bags. When touring we  generally
ride
300 to 400 miles a day spending evenings in a Hotel with a  good
restaurant and
bar. Question, I find the factory hard bags too  wide and was wondering
if
anyone knows of a company that makes hard bags for the  R11S that aren't
as wide
that will fit the OEM brackets?
Wally Anderson
State College, Pa.