Ergonomics on newer BMWs

All,
I was offered a short ride on the new R1200GS recently and offer some
comments (not in any order):

* The engine is SMOOTH and punchy (about 13000km on the bike)

* I was continuously sliding forward on the seat (lowest position
unfortunately and I didn't want to start rebuilding my friend's bike just
for a short ride)

* I REALLY had trouble operating the turn signals and found it impossible to
cancell them without half lifting my hand off the twist grip (starting with
the newer R1150's and both K bikes I have had some difficulty but the new GS
takes the cake).  I did not even try the horn!  Have the BMW designers and
the rest of the riders in the world all got double jointed thumbs?.

* The gear change was very good - again just the lever too high which I
trust is adjustable?

* The area around the front headlight, subframe etc seemed to vibrate (or
shake or even rattle) but it may be peculiar to this machine.

* The "modern" instrumentation offering 75% useless info also needs peering
at to see what's going on especially in adverse light conditions and for
those of us AARP members :)

I got back on my R850R to go home and it was soooo nice.  Engine almost as
smooth, bike (windscreen etc) smooth as silk, all controls very
ergonomically placed (except ABS and hazard flasher switches).

The new RT is going to have to be a lot better than the GS to turn my head
(not to mention that it has to be better than my old RT as well)!

Regards
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa.
'96 R850R   75k.km