Re: As Lyle Lovett says...

  I didn't like the looks of the GS until I saw the newer ones
>with the dark plastic rather than the light grey.  This really improves
>the look.  So mine is dark plastic with the blue color.  I think it is
>pretty good looking in a Max Headroom sort of way.
>
>Bob Hadden '05GS12, '62R27

That was always the point of the GS bike, to look gronkey as hell!, hang all kind of lights, get the big jessie bags, tie on a few spare parts, a jerry can , maybe a kyack or two and head out for god knows where...   I agree the new GS, still have it... and they do look a lot better in person.  But the other bikes, they were sleek, composed, all the things that the GS wasn't and that covered the gambit of personal taste...  it looks like they forgot a bit of the rules....   maybe it will look better in person, I can't wait to see if I can stomach it...

paige